Testing

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Not sure where I went wrong...

I'm not sure where I went wrong. Perhaps it was the great idea to become a choreboy in the first place:)

Anyway, the way it usually works at home: I wash dishes before I leave for work, when I get in from work, and any time after Amanda cooks and I'm at home. That doesn't leave a lot unwashed at any point in time, but I really must give Amanda kudos: If I'm not home and she cooks, she almost always washes the dishes she uses to cook.

Now that usually leaves the plates, silverware, cups, and any pots containing food that have to be cleaned up after dinner. It's really not bad and I don't mind.

A couple of nights ago I happened to be washing dishes when she didn't have an opportunity to get to them before I got home and let me tell you- she used every single cooking utensil in the house to make a simple meal. And when I say all of them, I mean ALL of them. Three sets of tongs, 9 large spoons, two large roast forks, several knives, three cutting boards and a cutting "place-mat", 5 spatulas, two ladles, 3 burger flippers, three wire whisks, and an assortment of other miscellaneous items that are kept in the utensil drawer. Oh, and let's not forget all three measuring cups and every measuring spoon in the house.

I was simply amazed and astounded.

Good thing we had toast with butter on it for dinner. I'd hate to see what it would take to make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches;)

1 comment:

  1. A) I didn't use *all* the utensils. I only used one of the ginormous knives.

    Dear.

    B) I was fixing, not toast, but pork. Pork that started out RAW, which requires major tongage. And then there was the pan sauce. You know, the stuff I make that makes it taste good? Yeah, I thought you did.

    C) The chocolate cake. The good one. With the chocolate ganache glaze. You remember that don't you honey?

    I love you. I made a banana cake today. Fortunately for you, you've already done the dishes :P

    ReplyDelete