I was thinking tonight (I'm dangerous when I think, just ask Amanda) and I came up with a list of things that the dog and I have in common:
- I'm extremely happy and excited when Amanda walks in the door in the evenings.
- If I look at her with puppy-dog eyes she'll always give me a hug and a kiss.
- When she gets that look in her eyes I know that I've been bad.
- When I have been bad, she makes me sleep with the cats.
- She doesn't like it when I lick her nose.
- The cats are out to get me at every opportunity.
- She feeds me, since I can't cook.
- I eat all of the leftovers and scraps in the fridge.
- I'm not allowed on the furniture until I've had a bath.
- I am strongly encouraged to only pee in the designated area.
- I love it when she scratches me all over.
There are likely more areas where we match perfectly, and there are some where we just don't jive by any stretch of the imagination (I can't lick my own balls.... and even if I could reach I doubt that I'd lick my own butt.)
There are definite advantages to being the human in this equation...it just amazes me how much like the dog I am;)