Testing

Monday, March 28, 2011

My own gravity field...

Wow. I've done it. I quit smoking, quit using nicotine gum, and quit staying at a reasonable weight. I am now heavier than I have ever been in my life. I weighed myself today and came in at a whopping 196.5 lbs, give or take a pound (it's a cheap scale). The most I remember weighing in the past was the last time I quit smoking and that was 194 lbs.

Fortunately I'm fairly tall at 6'1" and with a loose shirt the tire around my midsection doesn't appear to be as large as I perceive it to be.

The wife, however, insists on cooking loads and loads of foods that cause one to gain weight simply by smelling them. This wouldn't be so bad if she would assist in eating some of these foods, but she is trying to reach her goal weight and eats like a canary. She just cooks the fattening stuff to live vicariously watching others eat it. I personally believe that she's trying to make me obese so that she looks tiny when she's with me. She barely weighs the same as a box of crayons as it is!

I suppose I'm going to have to begin a regimen of exercise like I did previously. I used to run 5k every morning before work, and sometimes again when I would get off late at night. It would probably make me feel better to do so but I'm having a hard time getting motivated to start running once more.

To be honest? I'm not into building muscle, I just want to look reasonable in my clothes. That, and not have my own gravity field.

3 comments:

  1. I'm making lentil soup for dinner, dear. Of course, last time I made it you both freaked about the celery content *and* mentioned it was missing something... like sausage :P

    I love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I was the only one who made double fudge nut brownies----and then fed them all to my husband! ;)

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's in the "Rules for Being a Girl" handbook that your responsibility is to make the husband fat.

    ReplyDelete